Thursday 17 May 2012

Alex McLeish's departure statement



Flippin' Eck's dignified statment
Alex McLeish's left Villa Park after an ill-fated and ill-conceived year at the helm.

But now the dusts settled, I must say Eck never asked fans for sympathy and rarely complained about luck and adversity. He leaves with dignity and his statement via the LMA is respectful to his former club. Good luck Eck - any boss in your position would've taken the Villa job at the time and the conditions of your arrival weren't entirely of your making.

STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE LMA ON BEHALF OF ALEX MCLEISH

The League Managers Association (LMA) has issued the following statement on behalf of Alex McLeish following his departure from Aston Villa Football Club.

Alex McLeish said, “When I accepted the role as manager of Aston Villa Football Club, I was acutely aware of the responsibility I had to find the best way to serve the great traditions of one of the finest clubs in professional football.

“I was truly honoured to have been given the opportunity to manage the club, which plays such an important part in the fabric of the local community and to its worldwide fan base.

“I relished the challenge and, together with my loyal and very capable staff, dedicated all of my efforts into moulding a successful team. My only regret in leaving now is that we weren't able to achieve more for the supporters and their high expectations.

“Finally, I want to take this moment to say that I have nothing but the highest respect for the club and sincerely wish it and the fans great success in the future.”

Click here for the current Top Story Soccermongery's all about your feedback, so write away, right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment on my Soccermongery? Write away right away!